*Please read carefully before submitting your application*
In order to process your application for a rental unit, you must submit a non-refundable $45.00 Screening Fee. This fee cannot be returned for any reason once it has been tendered to Grand Management Services Inc. [GMS]
Every adult over 18 years of age who will be residing at the property, or any person over 18 years of age who will not be living with a parent or guardian, must submit an application and Screening Fee. Per anti-discrimination laws, married couples with the same last name must be screened separately. Co-Signers must submit a non-refundable $45.00 screening fee.
PROCESS OF APPLICATIONS
GMS will accept from anyone who wishes to apply for residency. Bases on the information submitted on the application and verified by the management agent, the applicant will be notified whether or not they are eligible for the available housing. Any items noticed at time of showing, which in your opinion need improvements or repaired, should be submitted in writing prior to submitting an application, keeping in mind that special requests may not be approved.
GMS does not discriminate base on race, creed, color, marital status, national origin, sex, religion, age or sexual orientation.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO APPLY:
Completed Application for Rental
A copy of a government-issued Photo ID and Social Security card
$45.00 Screening Fee (we accept cash, money order or cashier’s check only)
Each potential tenant is required to list at least three previous landlord references or five years of rental history in lieu of a mortgage. These landlord references may not include landlords related to the potential tenant by blood, marriage, or other close ties. In absence of these landlord references, a co-signer may be required – subject to management approval. Monthly income should be equal to 2.5 times the stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source. Food stamps will be included in meeting this requirement. As part of the screening process, we conduct a public records check, eviction history, criminal activity and credit check. Potential tenants must indicate a purposeful intention to report information in a true and complete manner. Potential tenants who provide inaccurate false information will be deemed ineligible for occupancy. Using false names or social security numbers is an example of dishonesty in reporting.
REASONS FOR DENIAL:
- Inaccurate, incomplete or falsified information
- Not meeting the pet policy listed for the specific unit
- You not meet the income qualification of 2.5 x the rent amount for your monthly income
- Not enough verifiable rental history
- Any eviction or unlawful detainer action as a result of lease violations or non-payment of rent or tenant default.
- Negative rental history.
- Unpaid collections, liens or judgments. Negative credit history. We consider credit scores between 760-850 Excellent, scores between 700-759 Good, 600-699 Fair and scores below 600 to be Poor and most likely will lead to denial. We suggest checking your credit score on a free site such as creditkarma.com prior to applying.
- Conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for most felonies. Conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, theft, dishonesty, criminal trespass, prostitution, weapons charges or any charge that is sex-related or drug-related. Any pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants.
- We reserve the right to deny any application for rental.
MOVE IN FEES AND DEPOSITS
Within 48 hours of your application being approved, you will be required to pay the security deposit and sign the deposit to hold form. This serves as putting a hold on the property and will secure the property for up to 7 calendar days. Once the deposit to hold is tendered to GMS it will not be returned unless the landlord defaults. If you fail to pay the balance of money due at move-in, and/or fail to execute the Rental Agreement within 7 days, you will forfeit all monies paid up to the time of cancellation. The first month’s rent payment and Security Deposit must be in the form of guaranteed funds (money order or cashier’s check); personal checks will not be accepted.
BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
1. I understand that all fees and deposits must be in the form of guaranteed funds.
2. I have read and understand the above Screening Policies and Procedures.